Postmodernism

I found the first reading to be quite difficult to follow, since it was very heavy on referencing the numerous cultures and practices that occur throughout each. However the one message that I received from the first article was that now in a postmodern time, the numerous cultures and their differences are meshed together to create an overall new culture. I am not sure if that was the message that was intended or if I am completely incorrect on that observation, just because I was confused the majority of the time reading the article. I found the second reading to be an interesting approach to explain postmodernism, however I was still confused on most of what Baudrillard was trying to say. Do the people that go to Disney seek an experience that is completely contrasting the reality, in which the rest of the world is actually reality? She also alluded to the idea of how people feel when they go to Disney, in which being brought back to childhood is a common feeling among the community of people that enter. I had trouble formulating a concise opinion or takeaway from this reading, however I found the use of Disney to be an interesting approach to explain this.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Italo Calvino

Colors- Podcast