Colors- Podcast

I found this podcast to be an interesting way for me to learn more about color. I always thought that most people see color in similar ways, if not the same. It was eye-opening to know that color is definitely bigger and broader than I originally thought. I knew that some animals see colors differently, however I did not fully understand the minute aspects of the differences in color between humans, animals and other species.

I found the short discussion on the butterfly to be very interesting. It is almost hard to believe that an animal that is seemingly inferior to humans, is actually superior in regards to color. The fact that a butterfly can see more colors on the rainbow that a human can just puts the magnitude that color has on the world into perspective. Nobody would think that an insect would be able to see more colors than a human, however it is interesting because the fact that a butterfly can see so many colors probably has a large impact on the survival of the insect.

I also found the discussion about the monkey to be very interesting as well. Again, I learned something I did not previously know about the fact that a monkey can only see the color grey. It made me wonder what it would be like to only be able to see one color when there are so many colors to be seen. Overall, I found this podcast to be both alarming and interesting, and allowed me to appreciate the fact that I can see so many colors when there are not only animals and insects out there that cannot, but people as well.

.                                                   

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Postmodernism

Italo Calvino