Postmodern Project

                                              
    For this project, I decided to choose the quote relating to driving. The quote reads "Driving is a spectacular form of amnesia. Everything is to be discovered, everything is to be obliterated". The main composition in this painting is my photoshopped picture surrounded by the sunset, clouds and the water. I think the rule of thirds fits well for this since the sky and the water from the photoshop picture could be lined up with the surrounding painting. When I first look at this piece, my eye immediately goes to the orange sunset, because it is a lot brighter than the other components of the painting. There is also an evident contrast in color between the blue water and the orange sky, giving the painting a complimentary color scheme feel.
    The reason I chose this quote was because driving is one of my favorite things to do. I agree with the quote and found that when I drive myself, it is a mind clearing activity and I get an overall sense of calmness or relaxation. For that reason, I photoshopped clouds and calm water into my original picture and then expanded on both in the painting. I also added a sunset to the painting to further push across the calm feeling that I feel and I'm sure many others feel while driving. I also positioned the photoshopped photo off to the left, to make it seem like a window. The overall feeling I get when looking at the overall painting would be a sense of calmness.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Postmodernism

Italo Calvino

Colors- Podcast